Our summer courses are delivered by experts who bring academic and industry experience to their subject.
They'll broaden your skills and knowledge and introduce you to new ways of thinking, demonstrating how Nottingham and NTU are contemporary places to live and study.
Our programme allows you to either deepen your subject knowledge or broaden your interests. You can get to know our faculty, connect with projects, and practice what you have learned through activities in and around Nottingham.
We're right in the heart of England, with London, the coast and all the major attractions within easy reach. We provide you with a real experience of living and learning in the UK, in a city famous for the tales of Robin Hood. Nottingham is a UNESCO City of Literature and the UK's City of Football, and our Creative Quarter helps to maintain our city's reputation as one of the best for artists and designers.
So take action and apply today.
Read more about the courses, fees, accommodation and how to enrol on these pages or our brochure.
- Gain credit that you might apply to your studies back home.
- Improve your grades by increasing your knowledge in and around your chosen subject.
- Immerse yourself in a new culture, and meet people from around the world.
- Experience a new learning environment and new ways of working.
- Create valuable experiences that will impress future employers.
- Telephone the summer school team: +44 (0)115 848 2808
You can select one, two, three or four weeks of study. Each week runs Monday to Friday, 10 am - 4 pm.
Upon successful completion you'll receive a certificate to say you've attended and achieved a level of attainment expected by your tutor. You'll also be sent a transcript confirming that you've passed your course, and the number of credits achieved. Each week offers five NTU credits, which is equivalent to 2.5 ECTS. Further details can be found in the NTU Global Summer School Student Handbook.
Use this schedule to plan your summer.
4 - 8 July 2016
11 - 15 July 2016
18 - 22 July 2016
25 - 29 July 2016
|Beautiful Little Buildings: Architectural Model Making||Architecture and Heritage||Architecture, Drawing and the City||Architecture and the Edit|
| ||3D Animation Summer School|| |
| ||Fashion Knitwear Summer School|
|Photography and Architecture BOOKINGS CLOSED||Photography and the Alchemy of the Darkroom BOOKINGS CLOSED||Fashion Photography||Photography and the Artists' Book|
|Creative Writing BOOKINGS CLOSED||Museums, Heritage and Exhibitions BOOKINGS CLOSED|| || |
|Radio Journalism BOOKINGS CLOSED||Magazine Journalism BOOKINGS CLOSED||Sports Journalism BOOKINGS CLOSED||TV Presenting Skills BOOKINGS CLOSED|
| ||Design Thinking Summer School|
| ||Greenhouse Gas Reduction in Business Consultancy Project BOOKINGS CLOSED||Sustainability in Practice Certificate BOOKINGS CLOSED|
| || ||Introduction to English Law BOOKINGS CLOSED||European Law|
|Introduction to Education and Training Principles and Practices BOOKINGS CLOSED||Introduction to Sociological Explorations in Education||Learning in Nature: Introduction to Forest School Principles|| |
|English Language BOOKINGS CLOSED|| ||English Language|| |
|Techniques in Molecular Biology BOOKINGS CLOSED||Robot Control with Mobile Apps BOOKINGS CLOSED||Adventures in Chemistry and Forensic Science BOOKINGS CLOSED||Practical Experiences in Sport and Exercise Science BOOKINGS CLOSED|
| || || ||Introductory Statistics with R BOOKINGS CLOSED|
| ||Applying Psychology to Your Community||Criminal Justice System in the UK|| |
Art and Design
- 3D Animation Summer School, two weeks, £975. Further information.
- Fashion Knitwear Summer School, three weeks, £1,795. Further information.
- Fashion Photography, one week, £550. Further information.
- Photography and the Alchemy of the Darkroom, £550. Further information.
- Photography and Architecture, £550. Further information.
- Photography and the Artists' Book, one week, £550. Further information.
Arts and Humanities
- Creative Writing, one week, £550. Further information.
- Magazine Journalism, one week, £550. Further information.
- Museums, Heritage and Exhibitions, one week, £550. Further information.
- Radio Journalism, one week, £550. Further information.
- Sports Journalism, one week, £550. Further information.
- TV Presenting Skills, one week, £550. Further information.
Business and Law
- Design Thinking Summer School, three weeks, £1,575. Further information.
- European Law, one week, £550. Further information.
- Greenhouse Gas Reduction in Business Consultancy Project, two weeks, £1,200. Further information.
- Introduction to English Law, one week, £550. Further information.
- Sustainability in Practice Certificate, one week, £600. Further information.
English as a Foreign Language
Science and Technology
- Adventures in Chemistry and Forensic Science, one week, £550. Further information.
- Introductory Statistics with R, one week, £550. Further information.
- Practical Experiences in Sport and Exercise Science, one week, £550. Further information.
- Robot Control with Mobile Apps, one week, £550. Further information.
- Techniques in Molecular Biology, one week, £550. Further information.
- Telephone the summer school team: +44 (0)115 848 2808.
You can book a single-room with en-suite bathroom. Rooms are in groups of four or five with a shared living and kitchen area.
Rooms cost from £150 to £175 per week. Read more about accommodation.
Our accommodation and campus are in the centre of Nottingham, meaning all the attractions are within a short walk. Regular buses take you to the Clifton campus.
The summer schools are hosted in the same studios, classrooms, workshops and laboratories used by our full-time students throughout the year. They take place at the City site and Clifton campus.
Get orientated with our campus maps, and learn about travelling to Nottingham.
Explore Nottingham and the surrounding countryside with optional weekend activities hosted by NTU student ambassadors:
Historic Lincoln Cathedral
Chatsworth Estate and Gardens, Derbyshire
Free evening events are also provided to help you explore the city.
Nottingham in the summer is a great place to be, and Nottingham Trent University plays the perfect host in ensuring you settle in and see as much as you can while you are here.
On our doorstep are:
Within walking distance of NTU are museums and galleries that include:
Nottingham is famed for its huge range of cafes and restaurants that cater for all budgets, playing host to food and drink festivals throughout the year. Nottingham's attractions also include:
- the Theatre Royal and Playhouse
- Rock City, one of the country's most famous indie and rock venues
- Stealth, one of the top nightclubs in the region which attracts DJs from around the world
- the Jam Cafe for comedy and music events that are always popular with students
- Lee Rosy's tea shop, where you can drop in for live poetry and music events.
Telephone the summer school team: +44 (0)115 848 2808.
Summer studies abroad are a great addition to any CV.
Upon completing your summer school we hope you will consider further studies in the UK, either at Nottingham Trent University or elsewhere. At NTU we have an excellent range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
Read more about Nottingham, NTU, and student life.
These summer courses do not offer placement or internship opportunities.
These courses are aimed at college and university students who have completed at least one year of undergraduate studies in a related subject.
Read the guidance notes and complete the application form . You can choose from between one and four courses, so long as the schedule allows.
Email your form to our summer school team.
An NTU representative will be in touch to confirm there is a place available for you. They'll then help you to pay the fees online or via bank transfer. You'll also be sent information on accommodation, and you'll be supplied with a letter if you require a visa. Read our guidance notes about applying for a short term study visa.
Once payment is made you will be invited to complete your enrolment online.
Joining instructions about where to go on the first day will be sent closer to the course start date.
If you're making a booking on behalf of a group please contact us.
English language requirements
As a guide, you should be a moderate user of English. You should be equivalent to a level 6.0 on the IELTS scale (or at least 7.0 for the journalism courses). Read more about English language requirements here.
We take enrolments until the courses are full. We recommend an early booking as places are limited.
Telephone the summer school team: +44 (0)115 848 2808.