About the course
This is a two-year conversion course designed for non-law graduates intending to become solicitors or barristers in the UK, or wishing to enhance their career prospects with a legal qualification. The intensive course covers the seven core academic subjects of an undergraduate law degree. It enables progression to the Legal Practice Course (LPC), or the Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC, formerly the BVC), and a legal career thereafter. Overseas students should note that the GDL is usually only recognised as a qualifying law course within the UK.
Why choose this course?
- You have the flexibility to study around work and family commitments.
- There's comprehensive support available that has been highly-valued by past students.
- Students who successfully complete this course are guaranteed a place on Nottingham Law School's excellent-rated Legal Practice Course (LPC). You can also apply for our acclaimed Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC).
- Students who go on to successfully complete our LPC or BPTC can apply for the award of a Graduate LLB, providing an academic and well as a practical award.*
- Scholarships are available.
- Materials will be enhanced for 2013 entry to improve quality and provide an integrated and managed learning environment.
* Please note students who are exempt from some of the GDL subjects may not be eligible for a Graduate LLB.
We hold open events for the Graduate Diploma in Law (distance learning) at various points throughout the year. Please visit the events page for further details and to book your place.
If you have any queries about this course, please contact on +44(0)115 848 4460 or via email.
Please note the following information for applicants