About the course
This is a two-year conversion course designed for non-Law graduates intending to become solicitors or barristers in the UK, or wishing to enhance their career prospects with a legal qualification. The intensive course covers the seven core academic subjects of an undergraduate law degree. It enables progression to the Legal Practice Course (LPC), or the Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC, formerly the BVC), and a legal career thereafter. This course is also available on a full-time basis. Overseas students should note that the GDL is usually only recognised as a qualifying Law course within the UK.
Why choose this course?
- You have the flexibility to study around work and family commitments.
- There's comprehensive support available that has been highly valued by past students.
- Students who successfully complete this course are guaranteed a place on Nottingham Law School's excellent-rated Legal Practice Course (LPC). You can also apply for our acclaimed Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC).
- Scholarships are available.
Teaching Weekend dates 2016/17
- 30 September - 2 October 2016
- 2 - 4 December 2016
- 27 - 29 January 2017
- 24 - 26 March 2017
We hold open events for the Graduate Diploma in Law (distance learning) at various points throughout the year. Please visit the events page for further details and to book your place.
Contact us for further information
Find out more information about the Graduate Diploma in Law, studied by distance learning, by requesting a course brochure .
If you would like to speak with a member of the team, you can contact us using the details below.
Telephone: +44 (0)115 848 4460
Visit the Nottingham Law School web site