This online course will provide an opportunity to refresh your knowledge in your specialist area. You will study in your work environment supported by e-learning material.
Telephone: +44 (0)115 848 6617
Visit the School of Science and Technology website
Specific areas covered will include:
- professional roles and responsibilities
- health and safety
- quality assurance
- laboratory IT and equipment
- sample receipt and processing, including data protection
- laboratory investigation of conditions caused by bacteria, fungi and parasites
- laboratory diagnosis of infections of the circulatory system, central nervous system, urinary tract, genital tract, respiratory tract, tissue infections and gastrointestinal tract
- laboratory investigation of and screening for healthcare-associated infections
- antimicrobial susceptibility testing and detection of resistance mechanisms.
The course benefits from the excellent facilities and equipment available in the School of Science and Technology.
There is currently no careers information available for this course.
Although this course does not offer a formal placement, this course is vocationally focused and benefits from strong links with industry.
- Applicants will already be working in a UK-based laboratory which is approved by the IBMS for training
- A UK honours degree (Minimum 2.2) in a Biological subject or equivalent is also required
Applications for this course should be made through our website. Apply now for Medical Microbiology Specialist Update day.