Dr Chappell's research interests surround Industrial mathematics, mathematical modelling and numerical analysis including:
- Time-dependent wave propagation problems
- Boundary integral and boundary element methods
- Convolution quadrature methods
- Inverse problems in acoustics, electromagnetics and applications in medical imaging
- Fluid-structure interaction problems
- High frequency wave modelling
- Wave energy flow in complex industrial and engineering structures
- Numerical methods for phase space flow equations
- Uncertainty modelling
- Multiscale methods.
Opportunities to carry out postgraduate research towards an MPhil/PhD exist and further information may be obtained from the NTU Graduate School.