What do you look for in a study abroad city?
- Somewhere that showcases great music, art, sport, comedy and theatre?
- A place with a rich social history and lush green countryside on your doorstep?
- Exciting student-friendly nightlife and a great range of places to meet new people?
Nottingham has all this and more. Students come to Nottingham for an education and stay for a career. We are in the heart of England, with London, the coast and all the UK's major cities and attractions within a short train ride. Take a look at our student guide to Nottingham.
We provide international students with a real experience of living and learning in the UK, in a lively region made famous by its castles and caves. On our doorstep are:
- Lord Byron's home at Newstead Abbey
- the Elizabethan Wollaton Hall (which starred as Wayne Manor in Batman: The Dark Knight Rises)
- Sherwood Forest and the tales of Robin Hood.
Within walking distance of NTU are museums and galleries that include:
- Nottingham Castle and Art Gallery
- Nottingham Contemporary Art Centre
- New Art Exchange
- Brewhouse Yard Museum of Nottingham Life.
Nottingham is famed for its huge range of cafes and restaurants that cater for all budgets, playing host to food and drink festivals throughout the year. Nottingham's attractions also include:
- the Theatre Royal and Playhouse
- Rock City, one of the country's most famous indie and rock venues
- Stealth, one of the top nightclubs in the region which attracts DJs from around the world
- the Jam Cafe for comedy and music events that are always popular with students
- Lee Rosy's tea shop, where you can drop in for live poetry and music events.
Telephone +44 (0)115 848 2813