What do you look for in a study abroad city? Somewhere that showcases great music, art, sport, comedy and theatre? A place with a rich social history and lush green countryside on your doorstep? Exciting student-friendly nightlife and a great range of places to meet new people?
Nottingham has all this and more. Students come to Nottingham for an education, and stay for a career. We are in the heart of England, with London, the coast and all the UK's major cities and attractions within easy reach. We provide international students with a real experience of living and learning in the UK, in a lively region made famous by its caves, castles, forests and lace.
On our doorstep are Lord Byron's home at Newstead Abbey and the Elizabethan Wollaton Hall (starring as Wayne Manor in Batman: The Dark Knight Rises). There are grisly tours of our city's darker past, as well as the 700 year old tales of Robin Hood and Sherwood Forest. Within walking distance are Nottingham Castle and Art Gallery, the Nottingham Contemporary Art Centre, New Art Exchange and the Brewhouse Yard Museum of Nottingham Life. And the city is famed for the huge range of cafes and restaurants that cater for all budgets, playing host to food and drink festivals throughout the year. Nottingham's attractions also include:
- the Theatre Royal and Playhouse
- Rock City, one of the country's most famous indie and rock venues
- Stealth, one of the top nightclubs in the region which attracts DJs from around the world
- Splendour, a summer music festival in the grounds of Wollaton Hall
- the Mayhem Film Festival at the independent Broadway Cinema
- live sports at Nottingham Forest Football Club, Nottingham Panthers Ice Hockey and cricket at Trent Bridge
- the Dot to Dot music festival where you can discover local bands and unsigned artists
- Goose Fair, one of the UK's biggest travelling fun fairs which has arrived every October for the last 700 years
- the Jam Cafe for comedy and music events that are always popular with students
- Lee Rosy's tea shop, where you can drop in for evening events if you prefer something more chilled.
So take action and apply today.
Telephone +44 (0)115 848 2813