What do you look for in a study abroad city? Somewhere that showcases great music, art, sport, comedy and theatre? A place with a rich social history and lush green countryside on your doorstep? Exciting student-friendly nightlife and a great range of places to meet new people?
Nottingham has all this and more. Students come to Nottingham for an education, and stay for a career. We are in the heart of England, with London, the coast and all the UK's major cities and attractions within easy reach. We provide international students with a real experience of living and learning in the UK, in a lively region made famous by its caves, castles, forests and lace.
On our doorstep are Lord Byron's home at Newstead Abbey and the Elizabethan Wollaton Hall (starring as Wayne Manor in Batman: The Dark Knight Rises). There are grisly tours of our city's darker past, as well as the 700 year old tales of Robin Hood and Sherwood Forest. Within walking distance are Nottingham Castle and Art Gallery, the Nottingham Contemporary Art Centre, New Art Exchange and the Brewhouse Yard Museum of Nottingham Life. And the city is famed for the huge range of cafes and restaurants that cater for all budgets, playing host to food and drink festivals throughout the year.
Coming up during Spring semester 2015:
- Exhibitions and events that celebrate 170 years of art and design at NTU
- Matthew Bourne's magical dance production of Edward Scissorhands, or get a bit cheeky with The Full Monty, both at Nottingham's Theatre Royal
- See the Kaiser Chiefs and other UK and international bands regularly playing at the city's Capital FM Arena, or head to Rock City, one of the country's most famous indie and rock venues
- Top DJs will playing at Stealth every weekend, one of the top clubs in the region
- Drop in to Lee Rosy's teashop for Tea and Tales for something a bit more chilled
- Get tickets for a match at Nottingham Forest FC, for a real English sporting experience
So take action and apply today. We look forward to welcoming you and answering your questions.
Telephone +44 (0)115 848 2813