Previous CELS events
Outreach - the story so far...
The CELS outreach team have provided over 20,000 pupils with fun and interesting science activities. Many CELS events take
place on the NTU campus, giving pupils the opportunity to visit a university and meet real-life scientists. CELS is also able
to take Kit in a Kase activities out to schools and deliver them to the class; these are self-contained science experiments
that are developed, delivered and cleared away by CELS.
Previous CELS events include:
- Science festivals, such as National Science and Engineering Week, Chemistry Week and the Salters' Festival of Chemistry
- Competitions, including Physics of Forensics, RSC Young Analyst Competition, BA CREST Awards, Young Engineers for Britain
and Young Engineers K'Nex Challenge
- 'Kit in a Kase' activities, including Materials, Colour Chemistry, Oil spill*, Forensic science and Animals and Adaptations
- Open Dome Events at the NTU observatory
- Other events that can be delivered on an ad-hoc basis by arrangement with CELS. These include master classes, activity days,
demonstration lectures and workshops
Use the links to the left hand side of the page for further information about previous CELS events.
If you would like to find out more about the CELS outreach programme please contact Karen Moss on on +44(0)115 848 8063.
* In partnership with the University of Nottingham