NTU and Nottingham City Transport operate the Go2 Uni 4 bus service (formerly known as Unilink) between our City site and Clifton campus. For more details about this service, please visit the Nottingham City Transport website. Journeys cost £1.70 each way or £3.40 for an all-day ticket. However, a discounted longer-term pass is available to all NTU students as part of your Smartcard. Timetables can be found on the Nottingham City Transport website. Please note that this service is term-time only.
The Ucycle student bike hire scheme is a great way for students to get around the university campus. Different sized bikes are available to hire for the academic year for just £35 (plus a £60 refundable deposit).
For more information visit the Ucycle webpages where you can find details on Nottingham cycle maps, NTU shower and cycle compound facilities and Doctor Bike sessions.
Clifton is a village near the city of Nottingham. For complete road directions from anywhere in the UK, get directions to NTU. The Clifton campus postcode NG11 8NS.
- The M1 passes close to the west of the city, the A42 / M42 link to the southwest of the city and the A1(M) to the east of the county.
- From the South: Exit the M1 at Junction 24 and follow the A453 towards the city. Clifton campus is on the left-hand side approximately seven miles from the motorway.
- From the A60 North: Leave the A60 at A6514 and follow the Ring Road for approximately eight miles. Keep in the right-hand lane as the road splits in two and follow the road under the overpass, signposted M1 South. Cross over one set of traffic lights and Clifton campus is on your right-hand side.
- From the A60 South: Join the A52 and exit at A453, signposted M1 South. Cross over one set of traffic lights and Clifton campus is on your right-hand side.
- From the A52: Leave the A52 at A453, signposted M1 South. Cross over one set of traffic lights and Clifton campus is on your right-hand side.
Parking at Clifton campus
New road barriers will be operational on Clifton campus entrances from January 2012. Students with a permit will gain access by use of their NTU Smartcard, by swiping the card at the barrier.
From 2 January 2012 students must park in the student car park only and will only have access to the North Gate barriers, not the South Gate barriers.
If you require further information email parking general enquiries.
The Parking Permit Guidance Document provides information on who qualifies for a permit and how to apply for a permit.