Fairtrade Fortnight 2015
Fairtrade Fortnight - 23 February - 8 March 2015
Help us celebrate Fairtrade Fortnight by joining in with our series of events and activities to raise awareness of this great cause.
What is Fairtrade?
You will find the Fairtrade logo on all sorts of things from chocolate and tea to cotton wool, olive oil and even jewellery! When you buy something with the fairtrade logo, you know that the farmers have been paid a fair price for their produce.
The Fairtrade Foundation help farmers and producers in some of the poorest countries in the world make a better living for their families and communities. They work with producer cooperatives and buyers to negotiate a better price for their produce than they would receive at market value. This gives them extra funds to improve their lives, such as sending their children to school, investing in community facilities or securing safe water supplies.
So what's happening?
This year we are teaming up with the Global Lounge and running events during Global Week, from the 2 - 6 March. A full list of activities are on our Events page, but here's an overview:
- The NTU Fairtrade Cupcake Bakeoff - do you have skills in the kitchen? Then get competitive and enter our Bakeoff to win Fairtrade prizes and raise some money for charity.
- Fairtrade Afternoon Tea - try out some of the delicious Fairtrade teas on offer at NTU and beyond, and maybe a bit of cake too!
- Global/Local Market - Stalls will be selling a selection of Fairtrade and locally produced goods.
- Students in Classrooms - Spread the Fairtrade message with the next generation, something great to add to your CV!
- Great Fairtrade offers - Lookout for offers on Fairtrade products in NTU's catering outlets and the SU shops.
University's Fairtrade Policy .