NTU is in the top ten British universities for number of undergraduate students taking year-long work placements (HESA 2010 / 11). We have links with over 6,000 companies, including BBC and Microsoft and 50 academic institutions across 40 countries.
You will achieve the following by working on placement:
- learn more about organisations, large or small, their cultures and values in your chosen industry
- enhance existing skills and develop new ones that employers look for including team work, communication, problem solving and confidence
- test out your career options - you may find you don't want to work in that area after all and identify other routes you want to take
- make contacts and network and obtain a relevant work related reference for future employment
- build professional recognition within your field
- develop what you have learnt in your first two years at NTU and improve your final year performance by drawing on your placement experience.
Our students working on live projects for top companies, including Microsoft, the BBC, Sony, BASF, Pfizer, Boots, Gucci, The Animal Health Trust, Siemens and many more. Don't just take our word for it! Find out how a placement can put you ahead in the graduate employment market and listen to what our students have to say about their work placements.