Nottingham Trent University and Nottingham Business School have a first-class reputation in fostering and maintaining relationships with employers. The School continues to constantly develop a vast number of solid relationships with organisations and industry professionals regionally, nationally and internationally, who contribute and support the Schools placement scheme.
Thanks to the dedicated Placement and Employment Service within the Business School, we have extensive specialist expertise and practical experience in facilitating successful partnerships with a vast range of employers from a variety of sectors, firms and organisations.
Benefits of offering a Nottingham Business School placement
The tangible benefits your company, whether a multi-national or small to medium sized enterprise (SME), can derive from a Nottingham Business School placement include:
- the opportunity to assess potential recruits for your firm’s future needs
- an increased awareness of up-to-date academic developments relevant to your firm’s sector
- flexibility in staff deployment
- exceptionally motivated, committed and loyal employees
- consistent levels of cost efficiency, including the initial recruitment phase followed by reduced training (no fees)
- international students who bring language and cultural expertise
- placements to enhance the firm’s image and create strong PR opportunities
- access to valuable contacts leading to longer-term relationships with the School.
The University prides itself on actively responding to employers’ diverse and changing needs, by offering increasingly more courses which include placements. The placement structure within each course is formulated, and is reviewed, in partnership with the vast range of employers and sectors with whom we work.
Courses currently offering one-year placements and short term internships are:
- BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance
- BA (Hons) Business
- BA (Hons) Business Management Joint Honours (All routes)
- BA (Hons) Economics
- BA (Hons) Economics, Finance and Banking
- BA (Hons) Business Economics
- BA (Hons) International Business
- BA (Hons) Management*
- BA (Hons) Marketing
* This course does not offer an internship
At Postgraduate level we offer a live consultancy project on our full-time MBA and Executive MBA programmes, and on all our full-time Masters courses. This option would see a group of postgraduate students enter your organisation to work on a real business problem. Acting as a consultants, they would put their knowledge into practice to provide a recommended solution for the issue.
The recruitment process
The Placement and Employment Service has considerable experience of overseeing the placement process. The service provides help with all aspects of the recruitment process tailored to the individual organisations requirements. The recruitment process is as follows:
- The company needs to provide a job description, with location, application method and pay. This is uploaded to the web portal and the students will apply.
- Interviews and Assessment days will follow. These can be held at the University however if students from other universities are invited a charge will be incurred.
- The Placement Service can arrange interviews either on the University campus or at the placement company’s own site. Often first interviews are held at the University (including tests if required) and second interviews are undertaken at the company site.
Please note that it is incumbent upon all universities to ensure that companies employing students have a health and safety policy. The Business School therefore request that this is the case with any prospective and current placement company.
The Placement and Employment team is a 'one-stop shop', available to offer advice and answer any queries that you may have, help with your advertisement, assist you in the selection process, ensure pastoral support during the placement, facilitate appraisal of the academic liaison, and act as a mentor between student and company if any issues arise. You will incur no recruitment or agency costs for these services.
To discover how your company can benefit from working with us, or if you would like to discuss any thing related, please contact the Placement and Employment Service on +44 (0)115 848 6492 or email us.
Opening times: Monday - Thursday 9am - 5pm and Friday 9am - 4pm.
Business, Law and Social Science Placement and Employment Service
Nottingham Trent University