- LLB (Hons) Law
- LLB (Hons) Law (Sandwich)
- LLB (Hons) Law (Distance Learning)
- LLB (Hons) Law (Flexible Learning)
- LLB (Hons) International Law
- LLB (Hons) / LLM European Law
- LLB (Hons) Business Law
- LLB (Hons) Law with Criminology
- LLB (Hons) Law with Psychology
- LLB (Hons) Law with Business
- LLB (Hons) Law with Advocacy
- LLB (Hons) Law with Journalism (2015 entry)
- LLB (Hons) Law Senior Status
Setting your sights on a high-flying career? Nottingham Law School at Nottingham Trent University is the perfect place to start. A Law degree provides a great foundation for a variety of careers and our innovative courses will help you to stand out from the crowd.
All our undergraduate law degrees are recognised by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and Bar Standards Board as Qualifying Law Degrees, enabling you to progress on to further legal training to become a solicitor or barrister. If you decide not to pursue a career in Law, our courses provide you with a great foundation for a variety of careers.
Recent surveys show our excellent results:
- 93% of our graduates are employed or engaged in further study six months after leaving (Latest DLHE Survey Undergraduate results 2011/12).
- 91% of our students are satisfied with the quality of their course (NSS 2013). This is higher than the national average for an undergraduate law course.
Get more from your Law degree
At Nottingham Law School there are lots of exciting opportunities to get the most out of your degree.
- LEX: Our popular Student Law Society hosts lectures, workshops, networking evenings and also organises sporting and social events such as the annual Law Ball.
- Mooting: Mooting is the oral presentation of a legal issue and a distinctive skill to have. We have a strong track record in mooting with dedicated mooting modules available in each year and the opportunity to join out Mooting Club and take part in national and international competitions.
- International Summer Schools: Learn more about European and International Law with visits to Strasbourg, Geneva and Berlin and institutions such as the European Court of Human Rights and the European Parliament. Some of our courses also offer the chance to study abroad for a longer period of time.
- Pro bono: Put you skills into practice and volunteer in the local community as part of our award-winning pro bono scheme
- Our Innovative, award winning Legal Advice Clinic.
- Mediation, another essential skill which is increasingly important for a career in law or business
- Work experience: Many of courses include the opportunity to spend some time on a work placement. All students can also undertake short work placements in the vacations and have this recognised by our Certificate to Professional Practice.
- University Language Programme: Study a new language or improve a current one.
Want to find out more?
Our open days are an excellent way to explore the city and the University, as well as meet our staff and students. If you would like to find out more about the School but you can't attend one of our open events visit our Virtual Open Day.
To see what our current students are up to and keep up-to-date with the latest news, take a look at our newsletter, The Verdict