Studentships for 2014
PhD Studentships in Product Lifetimes, Resource Use and Sustainable Consumption
Applications are invited for up to two fully funded research studentships to be based at Nottingham Trent University in the new £11m UK INDEMAND research centre. We are keen to hear from prospective research students with an interest in this exciting field of research. Your proposal should address one or more of the following topics:
- Consumer preferences and market demand for premium quality products
- The growth of discount retailers and the affordability of quality
- Economic implications of increased product lifetimes
- Community-based social innovation for product longevity
- Design for upgradability and / or adaptability
- Trade-offs between durability and recyclability
- How and why products depreciate in value over time
- Business models and systems of provision for repair and reuse.
For an application pack, please contact the Graduate School.
Some of our academic schools offer bursaries for research students, either on a fees-only basis or with a tax-free maintenance allowance. In general, only home / EU fees are offered and international (non-EU) students would be required to pay the difference between international (non-EU) and home / EU fees. Please contact the relevant academic school for details.
Scholarship Projects for Undergraduate Researchers (SPUR)
There are opportunities for our undergraduate students to get involved in the University's research activity. The SPUR programme gives students the chance to assist in research projects during the summer vacation. Look out for details through the student news emails.
Other funding opportunities
Further information about funding can also be found on the following websites:
International (non-EU) applicants often find funding from their own government or employer.