Vocational Education, Lifelong Learning and Employability
Members of this group share research interests in a range of issues related to vocational education, continuing professional development, employability and lifelong learning.
- the question of parity between vocational and traditionally ‘academic’ qualifications
- the behaviour and motivation of learners in the Lifelong Learning sector
- the formation of teacher and learner identities in the post-compulsory sector
- the roles of mentoring and coaching in professional development
- the experiences of minority groups in Further Education colleges
The research group welcomes colleagues from across the University who share an interest in any of these areas of research.