The Psychology Division at Nottingham Trent University (NTU) is one of the largest in the country with over 60 academic staff and expertise in all core areas of the discipline. The Division exemplifies the University’s wider commitment to influence people's lives and society through:
- a diverse programme of psychological research
- a range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses designed to maximize student employability
- effective tuition delivered by highly qualified, friendly and approachable staff.
Wherever your own interests lie, from academic to applied psychology, from biological to social, from cognitive, clinical or forensic psychology to health and sport psychology, NTU psychology employs a published expert to offer you support, tuition and supervision. Plus, by joining NTU psychology you could take advantage of:
- membership of the British Psychological Society (BPS). The Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership is a necessary qualification if you wish to pursue further training and a career as a professional (clinical, educational, forensic occupational, counselling or sport) psychologist
- weekly research seminars, led by invited experts
- using state-of-the-art software, equipment and facilities
- careers and job application advice is available to all students from subject specialists
- additional language and study skills support for international students, as well as help in acclimatising, from our international student support officer.
Whether you have prior experience of psychology or not, our taught courses will suit your needs and interests. So join NTU psychology today and make your chosen course an enjoyable experience and a positive step toward a new career.
Watch a video tour of our facilities.
If you have any questions about the Division of Psychology please email us or call +44 (0)115 848 4460.