From development sessions, short videos, step by step guides and dedicated helpdesks, support is available to anyone who needs it.
I want to...
plan and develop online and blended delivery
develop asynchronous teaching activities
manage my online learning space (NOW and module Microsoft Team)
teach synchronously online
- Adapting SCALE-UP for fully online learning
- Online collaboration via NOW Discussion Forums
- Short guide to using MS Teams
- Tools for teaching in MS Teams
- Small group work using Teams channels
- Using chat functionality in Teams
- Guest access for Teams
- Setting up Microsoft Teams meetings for online teaching
- Using MS Teams Breakout Rooms: step by step
- Tips for effective facilitation of online learning
- Accessing QR registers off campus
- Installing Pulse Secure on Windows PC and Mac
- Connecting Pulse Secure once it is installed
- Top tips for effective facilitation of online learning
- How to use webinars in Microsoft Teams
- Setting up Microsoft Teams Live Events for large group online teaching
- Supporting international students online
record video (including session recordings) and share content
setup and manage formative and summative assessments
using online tools to support students
promote student engagement
- Clarifying what engagement looks like
- AdvanceHE: Student Engagement Through Partnership Framework
- Giving students reasons to engage
- Teaching for quality learning at university (Biggs & Tang), especially Chapter 1
- Designing for engagement
- Edutopia: 8 Strategies to Improve Participation in Your Virtual Classroom
- Advance HE: Internationalising Higher Education Framework
- Scaffolding the learning process
- Gilly Salmon’s 5-Stage Model
- Writing for an online audience
- Jakob Nielsen: How Users Read on the Web
- Using engaging questioning strategies
- Geoff Petty on Questioning Strategies
- Utilising immediate student feedback
Help and support available
One-minute CPD videos
One-minute CPD is a quick way to learn something new and save you some time. Every day a new video will be released with a different idea that can be tried out.
There are lots of support and guides available on NOW Central for colleagues to read.
Flexible module development
If you are experiencing any technical issues, support is available from Digital Technology.
Learning how to use technology
Organisational Development offers a range of sessions to support colleagues in the use of technology to support learning and teaching, and working from home.
All sessions can be accessed directly from the Organisational Development WFH help Team. There is no need to book in advance, just turn up at the scheduled time.
Schools can also request bespoke sessions. To do this please contact SharedSupport@ntu.ac.uk
Sharing practice and case studies
TILTOnline is an extension of TILT’s offline service offer and works to build community online, and grow the culture of Scholarship of Teaching and Learning at NTU.
The TILTOnline MS Team provides a range of online activities and digital media that facilitate the exchange of innovative learning and teaching practices and supports excellence in learning and teaching at NTU and across the sector.
SCALE-UP (Student-Centred Active Learning Environment with Upside-down Pedagogies) is an innovative active, collaborative learning approach which is used extensively across NTU.
For support in adapting SCALE-UP for flexible learning, the SCALE-UP Guidance MS Team is available to colleagues to ask questions, share ideas, book onto support sessions, and read guidance.
Learning and Teaching Managers
Support is available in every School, and if anything on this page does not answer your questions please contact your relevant Learning and Teaching Manager.
|Learning and Teaching Manager||School|
|Rachel Challen||Arts and Humanities|
|Belinda Ferguson||Social Sciences (including Education)|
|Kerry Gough||Art and Design|
|Michael Loughlin||Science and Technology|
|Graham Thomas||Nottingham Business School|