From peer case studies, accounts from your Learning and Teaching Managers and a route for all queries, support is available to anyone who needs it.
Development for Staff
There exists a wealth of staff development support across NTU. Our professional services teams have undertaken a collaborative exercise to collate the most relevant resources that will support you as you prepare your flexible learning and teaching opportunities for the new academic year.
To ease your access to these resources, we have collected that guidance and support here. These resources have been grouped around key themes, to support you in the development of your learning materials.
This section focuses on Flexible Learning. It includes links to the Flexible Learning Site and the Flexible and Online Learning Room. Additionally, there is support for accessibility, creating video in PowerPoint and using PebblePad.
- Flexible Learning Site and School Introduction
- Flexible and Online Learning Room
- How to develop a flexible module page using NOW web pages and templates
- Flexible module exemplar learning rooms and reviewer mode
- Setting up release conditions for your content in NOW
- On campus versus online: activity inspiration
- Module development: accessibility considerations
- Creating video resources using PowerPoint
- Adding narration to a slideshow
- Recording tab - The basics
- Recording tab - Create and record video
- Saving and sharing your PPT video
- Adding an audio file to PPT
- Adding an internet video clip in to PPT
- Adding a video you have recorded to PPT
- PebblePad Learning Room
This section focuses upon the use of Microsoft Teams technology within the flexible learning model of delivery. The support available includes information on how to install and get started with Microsoft Teams, plus further resources about meetings in Teams.
- Setting up Microsoft Teams meetings for teaching
- How to prevent students from removing and muting others
- Creating a Learning Room Team
- Creating a team
- Sharing screens in meetings
- Group tutorials, seminars and live lectures
- Chat functionality
- Adding recorded Teams sessions to your learning room
- Guest access for Teams
- Meetings in Teams
- Using MS Teams Breakout Rooms - Updated 7th October to include further tips and troubleshooting advice
This section focuses upon the use of NOW within the flexible learning model of delivery including individual Learning Room. It includes editing tools, Dropbox, Turnitin and more.
- Student Groups on NOW
- Sections: managing seminar groups on NOW
- NOW Central: Last year’s NAYP guide
- NOW Central: Import/Export/Copy Components
- NOW Central: Classlist
- NOW Central: Content Tool
- NOW Central: News Tool
- NOW Central: Widgets
- NOW Central: Homepages
- NOW Central: Web page (HTML) Editor
- 5 Tips for faster Online Marking
- Marking Online in NOW
- NOW Dropbox Annotations
- Quick Eval Guide
- NTU Grade Schemes
- NOW Set Up: Summative Quizzes
- Quizzing using Microsoft Forms
- Quizzes and MCQs in NOW
- New Assessment Builder Experience in NOW
- NOW Central: Assessment Tool
- NOW Central: Dropbox Tool
- NOW Central: Release Conditions
- NOW Central: Turnitin
- NOW Central: Grademark
- NOW Central: Rubrics
- NOW Central: Audio Capture
- NOW Central: Online Marking
- NOW Central: Completion Tracking Tool
- NOW Central: Release Conditions
- NOW Central: Intelligent Agents
- NOW Central: Embedding Resources
- NOW Central: Links
- NOW Central: Quicklinks
This support section focuses upon the use of Panopto video recording and lecture capture technology within the flexible learning model of delivery. The support available includes information on how to install and get started with Panopto, as well as providing guidance on how to edit, upload and share recordings.
- Using Panopto to create and host video resources
- Installing and Launching the Panopto Recorder
- Getting started with Panopto Recorder from your NOW Learning Room
- Adding Captions to Content in Lecture Capture
- Joining Multiple Videos in Lecture Capture
- Trimming and Cutting a Video in Lecture Capture
- Embedding a Lecture Capture Video in a Playlist in a NOW Webpage
- Uploading a video to Lecture Capture in NOW
- Setting lecture Capture Session Availability
- Creating a Playlist in Lecture Capture
- Downloading a Video from Lecture Capture in NOW
- Panopto Support Website
- Troubleshooting NOW and Panopto Issues on a Mac
SCALE-UP and Collaboration
This support section focuses upon a re-designed SCALE-UP induction for 20/21 within the flexible learning model of delivery.
This support section focuses upon the use of student engagement within the flexible learning model of delivery. The support available includes information on how to track engagement, how to book sessions with students using Microsoft Bookings and tips on student communication.
Being on campus and using mixed methods
In this video, Kathy Charles, Executive Dean of Learning and Teaching, and Victoria Fanning, Head of Academic Development, discuss using mixed methods and being on campus in Term One.
Organisational Development - support for learning and teaching
Organisational Development offers a range of sessions to support colleagues in the use of technology to support learning and teaching, and working from home.
- NOW induction
- Adding content, activities and webpages in NOW
- Introduction to Microsoft Teams
- Scheduling and managing Teams meetings
- Introduction to Accessibility
All sessions can be access directly from the Organisational Development WFH help Team. There is no need to book in advance, just turn up at the scheduled time.
Schools can also request bespoke sessions. To do this please contact NTUL.DSupport@ntu.ac.uk.
Digital Technology Support
Digital Technologies provide a number of guides to support colleagues teaching remotely. These include:
For further resources, information and process documents to support the move to blended learning please visit the Flexible Learning website.
If you’ve any questions that aren’t covered here please speak with your LTM or email Flexible Learning.
|Learning and Teaching Manager||School|
|Rachel Challen||Arts and Humanities|
|Belinda Ferguson||Social Sciences (including Education)|
|Kerry Gough||Art and Design|
|Michael Loughlin||Science and Technology|
|Graham Thomas||Nottingham Business School|