Nottingham Creative Intellectual Property Project
This event will launch the Nottingham creative intellectual property project. Led by Nottingham Trent University, this project is designed for businesses and students in the creative industries. The aim is to equip both with a better understanding of how to more effectively protect, manage and exploit ideas and intellectual property.
- From: Thursday 15 May 2014, 12 am
- To: Thursday 15 May 2014, 12 am
- Location: Bonington building, Nottingham Trent University, City Campus, Shakespeare Street, Nottingham, NG1 5LS
- Booking deadline: Sunday 14 May 2017, 12.00 am
Helping businesses and entrepreneurs take their innovative ideas off the drawing board and into the marketplace.
Please join us to celebrate the launch of the Nottingham Creative Intellectual Property Project.
Led by Nottingham Trent University, the project is designed for businesses and students in the creative industries. The aim is to equip both with a better understanding of how to more effectively protect, manage and exploit ideas and intellectual property (IP).
Through a series of themed workshops, industry experts, experienced lawyers, entrepreneurs and Nottinghamshire creative businesses will be invited to share their knowledge and experience on the challenges, pitfalls and opportunities of working in the creative sector.
Companies and graduates with business ideas will also be offered the opportunity to benefit from pro bono legal advice clinics, delivered by students of Nottingham Law School, guided by experienced IP lawyers and NTU staff.
- 5.45 pm – 6.10 pm: Open and music from a local band
- 6.10 pm – 6.25 pm: Importance of the creative industries in the UK and Nottingham
Dr Jeremy Hague
- 6.25 pm – 6.40 pm: Why intellectual property is crucial to creative industries
Counsellor Nick MacDonald
- 6.40 pm – 7 pm: The team and available support, upcoming themes and events
The Hive and Nottingham Law School
- 7 pm – 7.25 pm: Rock Doctor; entertainment from Mark Lewney
- 7.25 pm – 8 pm: Sign-up and networking.
This event is free but space is limited, so please book your place as soon as possible.
To book, please click on the Add to basket button above and complete the short online booking process to reserve your place.
For any queries, or if you experience difficulties with the online booking process, please email us or telephone +44 (0)115 848 8899.