'Let's talk about language!'
Hosted by Afasic and Nottingham Trent University
'Let's talk about language!' is an event aimed at parents and teachers with an interest in supporting children with language difficulties.
- From: Tuesday 17 June 2014, 12 am
- To: Tuesday 17 June 2014, 12 am
- Location: Newton building, Main Entrance, Nottingham Trent University, City Campus, Goldsmith Street, Nottingham, NG1 4BU
- Booking deadline: Friday 16 June 2017, 12.00 am
This joint event hosted by Afasic and Nottingham Trent University is an opportunity for teachers and parents to talk to us in an informal setting about:
- Language development and impairment
- Speech and language therapy
- The work carried out by Afasic
- Recent research findings in the language impairment and literacy fields
- Forthcoming research projects you may wish to be involved in.
Afasic is a national charity that supports parents and represents children and young people with speech, language and communication needs (SLCN).
Also attending the event is the Specific Language Impairment Research Unit at Nottingham Trent University which carries out cutting edge research in language development and has been funded by The Leverhulme Trust and British Academy.
The event will include short talks by Afasic staff, and a structured 'question and answer session' for parents and teachers. Information on current research projects and forthcoming opportunities will also be available. Children are very welcome to attend, and we will be providing a range of children's activities as part of the event. Complimentary refreshments will be available.
3 pm – 3.30 pm - Networking
3.30 pm - 4 pm - Afasic talk
4 pm - 5 pm - Question and answer session led by Afasic staff
5 pm - 5.30 pm Afasic talk (repeated)
5.30 pm - 6 pm - Networking
To book on this event please click on the 'Add to basket' button on the right hand side of the webpage.