Nottingham Creative Intellectual Property Project
Led by Nottingham Trent University, this project is designed for businesses and students in the creative industries. The aim is to equip both with a better understanding of how to more effectively protect, manage and exploit ideas and intellectual property.
- From: Thursday 12 June 2014, 12 am
- To: Thursday 12 June 2014, 12 am
- Location: Maudslay building, Nottingham Trent University, City Campus, Shakespeare Street, Nottingham, NG1 5LT
- Booking deadline: Monday 12 June 2017, 12.00 am
Calling all entrepreneurs and small businesses – take your ingenious and innovative and ideas off the drawing board and into the marketplace!
- Do you know how to identify and protect your creative intellectual property?
- Would you like to increase your earnings by licensing or selling it to others?
- Do you know what to do if someone uses your valuable ideas without permission?
Learn how to get the basics right with the Nottingham Creative Intellectual Property Project. Led by Nottingham Trent University, the project is designed for businesses and students in the creative industries. It aims to provide a better understanding of how to effectively identify, protect, manage and exploit ideas and intellectual property (IP).
Through a series of free, themed one-day workshops, industry experts, experienced lawyers, entrepreneurs and Nottinghamshire businesses share their knowledge and experience of the challenges, pitfalls and opportunities involved in working with intellectual property rights in the creative sector.
This first workshop focuses on the field of design, including product, textiles, fashion and graphics. The day will include expert advice on fashion and textiles from entrepreneur and academic, Susi Henson of Eternal Spirits and on graphics from Mark Shaw, President and CEO of Liquid Agency, a renowned brand strategy thinker and advice from Andy Cripps, Design Director of his Design Management consultancy Andy Cripps, and also a Design Associate for the Design Council.
Benefit from the onsite Pro Bono Law ClinicBusinesses and graduates with specific queries about their intellectual property will be offered the opportunity to benefit from free legal advice clinics, delivered by students of Nottingham Law School, guided by experienced IP lawyers and NTU staff.
This project is part funded by the UK Intellectual Property Office and the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
- 09:00 - 09:30: Registration
- 09:30 - 10:30: Legal introduction, Nottingham Law School
- 10:30 - 10:55: Product
- 10:55 - 11:20: Textiles and Fashion
- 11:20 - 11:30: Refreshment break
- 11:30 - 11:55: Graphics
- 11:55 - 12:05: Q&A session
- 12:05 - 12:50: Legal wrap-up
- 12:50 - 13:15: Lunch
The afternoon will be dedicated to one-to-one legal consultations.
This event is free but space is limited, so please book your place as soon as possible.
To book, please click on the Add to basket button above and complete the short online booking process to reserve your place.
For any queries, or if you experience difficulties with the online booking process, please email us or telephone +44 (0)115 848 8899.