Nottingham Creative Intellectual Property Project
Workshop and Legal Advice Clinic: Moving image and broadcasting
Led by Nottingham Trent University, this project is designed for businesses and students in the creative industries. The aim is to equip both with a better understanding of how to more effectively protect, manage and exploit ideas and intellectual property.
- From: Wednesday 19 November 2014, 12 am
- To: Wednesday 19 November 2014, 12 am
- Location: Belgrave Centre, Nottingham Trent University, City Campus, Chaucer Street, Nottingham, NG1 5LT
- Booking deadline: Friday 17 November 2017, 12.00 am
- Download this event to your calendar
Calling all entrepreneurs and small businesses – take your ingenious and innovative ideas off the drawing board and into the marketplace!
- Do you know how to identify and protect your creative intellectual property?
- Would you like to increase your earnings by licensing or selling it to others?
- Do you know what to do if someone infringes your copyright?
Learn how to get the basics right with the Nottingham Creative Intellectual Property Project.
This free workshop focuses on the themes of moving image and broadcasting, including film, TV and radio.
It aims to provide a better understanding of how to effectively identify, protect, manage and exploit ideas and intellectual property (IP).
Benefit from the onsite Pro Bono Law ClinicBusinesses and graduates with specific queries about their intellectual property will be offered pre-screening legal sessions on the day. This will be followed by the opportunity to benefit from free legal advice clinics, delivered by students of Nottingham Law School, guided by experienced IP lawyers and NTU staff, at a later date.
This project is part funded by the UK Intellectual Property Office and the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
- 09.00: Registration
- 09.30: Introduction
- 09.35: Legal introduction
- 10.35: Writing for film, TV and radio - Phil Nodding
- 10.55: Producing for TV - Kate Roberts
- 11.15: Refreshment break
- 11.30: Photojournalism - Martin Shakeshaft
- 11.50: Film producing - Rachel Robey
- 12.10: Q&A session and panel discussion
- 12.50: Networking lunch
- 13.30 – 15.00: Pre-screening for legal advice clinics
This event is free but space is limited, so please book your place as soon as possible.
To book, please click on the Add to basket button above and complete the short online booking process to reserve your place.
For any queries, or if you experience difficulties with the online booking process, please email us or telephone +44 (0)115 848 8899.