TeachMeet: Design and Technology
At this TeachMeet Primary and Secondary Design and Technology teachers are invited to take part in an international and national conversation about D and T. This is an informal gathering to share practical ideas, strategies, tools or topics that have been successful in teaching design and technology.
- From: Monday 10 November 2014, 12 am
- To: Monday 10 November 2014, 12 am
- Location: Chaucer building, Nottingham Trent University, City Campus, Goldsmith Street, Nottingham, NG1 5LT
- Booking deadline: Thursday 9 November 2017, 12.00 am
- Download this event to your calendar
We will be joined by Associate Professor Todd Kelley, from Purdue College of Technology in Indiana, who will share his perspectives on design, STEM and sketching in American D and T education. Todd has worked with elementary schools in America looking at how design skills are taught and assessed, the use of sketches and sketch books, 3D printing in D and T, and D and T as part of STEM.
What can I do?
You can simply watch the presentations, get involved with the online discussion on Twitter using the hashtag #tmdtntu, or present and share in either a two minute or seven minute presentation.
We would welcome presentations from any D and T teacher about a topic related to your design and technology teaching. If you'd like to present contact Alison Hardy.
- Any ICT tools and equipment required, although do contact us to check if you have a very specific requirement
- Live Twitter feed update #tmdtntu
- Refreshments and drinks
For more information about TeachMeets visit teachmeet.
|4 pm||Arrival and drinks|
|4.30 pm||Introductions and presentations|
|6 pm||Networking and refreshments|
Attendance is free, but please book your place to avoid disappointment.
There is no parking at our City site. Please use the city car parks or public transport.
The tram stops directly outside the Global Lounge. Please use the Nottingham Trent University tram stop.