Geography and Technology - Teacher CPD
Royal Geographical Society
This teacher CPD session, delivered by Dr Simon Oakes, will provide contemporary case studies linking information technology and Geography.
- From: Wednesday 3 December 2014, 3.30 pm
- To: Wednesday 3 December 2014, 6 pm
- Location: Bramley building, Brackenhurst campus, Nottingham Trent University, Brackenhurst Campus, Southwell, Nottinghamshire, NG25 0QF
- Download this event to your calendar
The CPD session will:
- Give an overview of the key facts and information about information and communications technology that can help candidates to attain the highest grades in their human geography examinations by 'thinking like a geographer' (supporting AQA, Edexcel, OCR, WJEC and IB)
- Help teachers who have less experience of teaching about technology to incorporate technological themes more confidently into their GCSE and A-level lessons.
- Provide lively resources and case studies for you to take away, ready for classroom use, at different key stages
- Technology permeates every aspect of these young people's lives and the world they inhabit: our geography teaching needs to reflect this.
If you have any queries, please contact Janet Northover or telephone +44 (0)115 848 5289.
- 3.30 pm - Refreshments
- 4 pm - Lecture and discussion
- 6 pm - Close
Bookings are through the Royal Geographical Society.