Family Supper 2015
Year 10 pupils and their families are invited to either Nottingham Trent University or The University of Nottingham to find out all about the benefits of higher education and the opportunities it can offer. Dinner is provided, and participants will learn about student finance, talk to a student to find out all about student life and have any questions they may have answered.
- From: Wednesday 18 March 2015, 6.30 pm
- To: Monday 11 May 2015, 8.30 pm
- Location: City site, Nottingham Trent University, City Campus, Goldsmith Street, Nottingham, NG1 4BU
- Download this event to your calendar
The Family Supper Evenings are a chance for pupils in Year 10 and their families to learn more about the benefits of studying at a higher education (HE) institution. The evenings, held at either Nottingham Trent University or the University of Nottingham, are designed to give more information on what life is like at university through discussions with current students and staff from both institutions.
Food will be provided for all attendees prior to the talks and workshops. Staff and students from both institutions will be present at all dates and at both venues. The programme is identical on all dates and at both venues.
This evening will provide you with the opportunity to listen to talks from staff including student finance and the benefits of higher education, as well as the opportunity to speak to current students about student life in general.
The aim of the event is to allow pupils in Year 10 to benefit from information to guide and inform their decision making with regards to the educational choices they will have at age 16 and beyond. The event also provides families with information to support the decision making process of their young people.
The Family Supper events will take place on the following dates:
- 18 March, Nottingham Trent University - City site
- 25 March, Nottingham Trent University - City site
- 20 April, University of Nottingham - University Park campus
- 22 April, Nottingham Trent University - City site
- 29 April, Nottingham Trent University - City site
- 4 May, University of Nottingham - University Park campus
- 11 May, University of Nottingham - University Park campus.
- 6.30 pm - 7 pm – Arrival and Dinner
- 7 pm - 7.20 pm – Welcome and presentation 'Benefits of HE Study'
- 7.20 pm – 8.05 pm – Student Life workshops
- 8.10 pm – 8.30 pm – Student Finance and Questions
- 8.30 pm - Depart
Please note, the same programme will run at all events and at both venues.
This is a free event.
There are 100 places available per event.
If you have any queries, please contact:
- Natasha Neale. Nottingham Trent University
- Abigail Pritchard, University of Nottingham