Effective Media Communication for Small Businesses
This specially organised workshop is designed by Nottingham Trent University, in collaboration with Oxford Innovations, to help give small organisations a better understanding of some existing media options available to them.
- From: Friday 12 June 2015, 9 am
- To: Friday 12 June 2015, 1.30 pm
- Location: Worksop Turbine Innovation Centre, Shireoaks Triangle Business Park, Coach Close, Worksop, Nottinghahamshire, S81 8AP
- Download this event to your calendar
Amongst all the noise of digital and social media, small businesses face an especially difficult task getting their marketing messages heard and understood. With fewer resources to hand, they must learn effective ways to communicate that help give them an edge.
This specially organised workshop is designed by Nottingham Trent University in collaboration with Oxford Innovation. It will help give a better understanding of some existing media options available.
The workshop will respond to key challenges faced by small businesses including:
- how to communicate in an effective way to customers and attract new clients
- how to gain confidence writing a business themed blog, and how to use it to help drive new traffic to your business website
- understand better what the media are interested in reporting. How and when to pitch stories that meet their appetite for news
- how to make the most of the sector specific knowledge they have already, and use it to create an expert, trustworthy media voice
- how to make a small budget and limited resources go a long way.
Part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund, this half day event is free to eligible small and medium enterprises based in the East Midlands.
The workshop is split in to two key sections.
Blogging for business:
- Explore the world of blogging and learn how you can use it to drive traffic to your company website.
- Learn some tips and techniques that will save you time, reveal your expertise, and make sure you write blogs that will attract readers.
Public relations for small businesses:
- Understand what the media is looking for.
- Learn some tips for pitching stories that place your business in the spotlight.
The event is followed by a networking lunch at which delegates can share ideas and speak to the organisers in more detail.
The workshop will conclude with a light networking lunch.
If you have any queries please contact Angela Scott, telephone +44 (0)115 848 82471.
|9 am||Registration and refreshments|
|9.30 am||Welcome and Introduction|
Personal Incubation Director, Oxford Innovation
|9.40 am||NTU Working With You - Pat NeedhamWorking With You - Project Manager|
Nottingham Trent University
Blogging for Business
|11.15 am||Targeted PR for Small Businesses|
|12.25 pm||Closing Remarks|
|12.30 pm||Lunch and networking|
This event is free to eligible small and medium businesses in the East Midlands but space is limited, so please book as soon as possible.
To book, please click on the add to basket button above and complete the short online booking process to reserve your place.
For any queries, or if you experience difficulties with the online booking process, please email us or telephone +44 (0)115 848 82471.