Grow your own talent
Higher Level Apprenticeships in Food Science and Technology
Join Nottingham Trent University, to discover how apprenticeships can bring greater innovation and help equip your food manufacturing business with the skills it needs to thrive.
- From: Wednesday 17 June 2015, 10 am
- To: Wednesday 17 June 2015, 2 pm
- Location: Brackenhurst Main Hall, Nottingham Trent University, Brackenhurst Campus, Southwell, Nottinghamshire, NG25 0QF
During the morning you will hear from NTU on how combining fully-funded* Food Science degree programmes with Apprenticeships for a 2-in-1 Higher Level qualification can deliver real benefits to your business and workforce. Plus, hear how 2 Sisters' Food Group have benefited from developing talent through apprenticeships.
After lunch, you are invited to join us for a private viewing of the New Product Development Showcase, which is the culmination of the first year Food Science and Technology Foundation Degree New Product Development module. The showcase will give you the opportunity to meet our students, learn more about the course, and see the results of their learning (as well as sampling the products they have created and developed).
*Skills Funding Agency eligibility criteria apply.
- 10.15 am - 10.30 am: Arrival and registration
- 10.30 am - 11 am: Higher Education in Food Science and Technology
(Sara Poulson, Course Leader)
- 11 am - 11.25 am: Funding and delivery
(Fi Thompson, Industry Liaison Manager)
- 11.25 am - 11.45 am: Employer case study: 2 Sisters' Food Group
- 11.45 am - 12.30 pm: Refreshments and networking
- 12.30 pm- 1 pm: Lunch
- 1 pm - 2 pm: New product development showcase private viewing
This event is free of charge and open to anyone in the Food and Drinks manufacturing industry who would like to find out more about Higher Level Apprenticeships and about Food Science and Technology at NTU.
- There is ample free parking on-site.
- Get directions to the Brackenhurst campus.
- If you are planning to drive to the event, the postcode for your SATNAV is NG25 0QF.