Eco Design: realising the opportunities of a Circular Economy
Learn more about circular economy design strategies, including real-life examples.
- From: Thursday 23 July 2015, 3 pm
- To: Thursday 23 July 2015, 6.30 pm
- Location: City site, Nottingham Trent University, City Campus, Goldsmith Street, Nottingham, NG1 4BU
This event is aimed at small and medium organisations in the East Midlands interested in sustainability.
Circular Economy Design
Rich Gilbert, co-founder of the Agency of Design and Tim Palmer Fry of Giraffe Innovation, will talk about circular economy design strategies. They will also present various case studies detailing their inspiring collaborations with others.
Agency of Design help organisations design a better future by rethinking our physical and digital worlds. They are currently working with various members of the CE100 Ellen MacArthur Foundation group, amongst other innovative deign projects.
Giraffe Innovation were listed by The Observer and The Guardian as one of the brightest independent UK green businesses. The company currently works with UK government and organisations of all sizes, and specialises in complex Life Cycle Assessment and carbon foot-printing projects for clients worldwide.
DEFRA project presentation
Luke Harmer, Senior Lecturer in BSc Product Design at NTU will present his research on the DEFRA project for reuse and repair of vacuum cleaners.
Luke initially trained as an industrial designer at Brunel University before gaining an MA in Automotive Design at Coventry University and a PhD at the Royal College of Art.
Part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
Registration is at 3 pm and the lecture will begin at 3.30 pm.
The Agency of Design:
- Innovative UK funded lightbulb project
- Design Out Waste project - three different toasters, each embodying different circular economy design strategies.
- Introduction to traditional Eco-Design
- How Eco-Design can be employed by small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to deliver commercial advantage
- DEFRA vacuum cleaner project, looking at consumers' perceptions of dirt, damage and maintenance in the context of product lifetimes
- Trial strategies for resource efficiency based on the design for product longevity
To book your free place please email the Future Factory.
If you have any queries please telephone +44 (0)115 848 8675.