An Essential Guide to Research Data Management Requirements
This seminar will inform researchers and administrators about the new requirements and outline the support available during and post project.
- From: Wednesday 23 September 2015, 9.30 am
- To: Wednesday 23 September 2015, 11.30 am
- Location: TG10, Bramley, Nottingham Trent University, Brackenhurst Campus, Southwell, Nottinghamshire, NG25 0QF
- Download this event to your calendar
Research Councils within the UK and Europe have been increasing their requirements around the management and publication of research data. These requirements are becoming more stringent and affect how research is recorded, stored and published.
A cross-university project team have been working to deliver tools and guidance to support researchers and administrators in this arena and NTU now have a policy and tools available to researchers to ensure they comply with funder requirements.
This seminar will inform researchers and administrators about the new requirements and outline the support available during and post project. The seminar will include an understanding of:
- The University Research Data Management Policy
- Data Management Plans
- Storage and Archiving tools
- Publication and Discoverability of Research Papers and Supporting Data
Failure to comply with the rules set out by research funders can result in loss of funding and the inability to submit further bids. It is therefore essential for colleagues to understand the expectations.