Return to Learning
'Meet and Eat' Information Evening for Over 21s
Hosted at Nottingham Trent University, in collaboration with The University of Nottingham. This is an opportunity for local adults (21+) who have never been to university before to attend a free evening session and find out more about the realities of returning to education.
- From: Thursday 8 October 2015, 12 am
- To: Thursday 8 October 2015, 12 am
- Location: Lecture Theatre 8, Newton building, Main Entrance, Nottingham Trent University, City Campus, Goldsmith Street, Nottingham, NG1 4BU
- Download this event to your calendar
This evening session will offer local adults who are interested in returning to study with an opportunity to visit a local university and speak with staff and students from both Nottingham Trent University and The University of Nottingham. Those attending will be given the chance to speak with other adults with similar aspirations, and to speak with current mature students from both universities to share their experiences.
A light buffet and refreshments will be provided, and the session will address the following topics:
- Routes into HE (including non-traditional entry)
- Entry requirements (for NTU and UoN)
- The UCAS application process
- Financial and academic support available
- University tour
- Current mature student experiences.
This is a chance to find out more about what it’s like to be a mature student and to find out what universities are looking for in applicants.
Please note: this event is only available for over 21s who have not completed a university degree before.