Film Screening and Discussion ‘The Gleaners and I’ – ACE (Alternative Curriculum Events) Week
This event is part of the School of Social Sciences' ACE week and open to School of Social Sciences students only.
- From: Tuesday 17 November 2015, 2 pm
- To: Tuesday 17 November 2015, 4 pm
- Location: Lecture theatre 3, Newton building, Main Entrance, Nottingham Trent University, City Campus, Goldsmith Street, Nottingham, NG1 4BU
- Download this event to your calendar
This event is for Social Sciences students as part of ACE Week, which is your chance to:
- Explore your chosen subject through a range of activities.
- Debate topics relevant to your subject with Social Sciences students from other courses and years.
- Engage with a range of extra curricula activities to complement your studies and future career.
Film Screening and Discussion ‘The Gleaners and I’
This session will screen Agnes Varda’s critically acclaimed, creative and entertaining French documentary ‘The Gleaners and I’. The screening will be followed by a half hour discussion exploring the film’s themes of surviving in the margins of society, waste/sustainability and identity.
What you need to check before attending the event:
- Are you studying Psychology with Sociology and/or a Criminology module as part of BA Health and Social Care course? If so, you will need to check your module learning rooms to see if your lectures are still taking place.
- Are you studying on the BA (Hons) Criminology; BA (Hons) Social Work, BSc (Hons) Psychology; BSc (Hons) Psychology with Sociology; or BSc (Hons) Psychology with Criminology? You will still have scheduled teaching, seminars or you will be on placement. You are very welcome to attend our ACE Week events that do not clash with your scheduled teaching.
Want to join the conversation about ACE Week? Use #aceweek
This event is free to attend but places are limited so we recommend you book as soon as possible.
If you have any questions about this event, please contact Stefanie Petschick for more information.
The School of Social Sciences reserves the right to postpone or cancel this event in unexpected staff absence.