Politics in Nottingham – ACE (Alternative Curriculum Events) Week
This event is part of the School of Social Sciences ACE Week and open to School of Social Science students only.
- From: Wednesday 18 November 2015, 12.30 pm
- To: Wednesday 18 November 2015, 3 pm
- Location: Newton buidling steps, Newton building, Main Entrance, Nottingham Trent University, City Campus, Goldsmith Street, Nottingham, NG1 4BU
- Download this event to your calendar
This event is for Social Sciences students as part of ACE Week, which is your chance to:
- Explore your chosen subject through a range of activities.
- Debate topics relevant to your subject with Social Sciences students from other courses and years.
- Engage with a range of extra curricula activities to complement your studies and future career.
Politics in Nottingham
Spend an afternoon with Local Councillor Alex Norris: if you are interested in career paths into politics, or if you would like to engage with Nottingham's local political issues or with the politics of the Labour party this is for you.
1 pm - 2 pm Tour of the Council house
2 pm - 3 pm A debate in the Council Chamber sound
What you need to check before attending the event:
- Are you studying Psychology with Sociology and/or a Criminology module as part of BA Health and Social Care course? If so, you will need to check your module learning rooms to see if your lectures are still taking place.
- Are you studying on the BA (Hons) Criminology; BA (Hons) Social Work, BSc (Hons) Psychology; BSc (Hons) Psychology with Sociology; or BSc (Hons) Psychology with Criminology? You will still have scheduled teaching, seminars or you will be on placement. You are very welcome to attend our ACE Week events that do not clash with your scheduled teaching
Want to join the conversation about ACE Week? Use #aceweek
This event is free to attend but placed are limited so we recommend you book your place as soon as possible.
If you have any questions about this event, please contact Ros Hague for more information.
The School of Social Sciences reserves the right to postpone or cancel this event in unexpected staff absence.