Volunteering at SaSha Cafe – ACE (Alternative Curriculum Events) Week
Engaging with an inter-faith response to food poverty
This event is part of the School of Social Sciences ACE Week and open to School of Social Science students only.
- From: Wednesday 18 November 2015, 5 pm
- To: Wednesday 18 November 2015, 7 pm
- Location: Outside Chaucer Reception, at the Tram Stop, Chaucer building, Nottingham Trent University, City Campus, Goldsmith Street, Nottingham, NG1 5LT
This event is for Social Sciences students as part of ACE Week, which is your chance to:
- Explore your chosen subject through a range of activities.
- Debate topics relevant to your subject with Social Sciences students from other courses and years.
- Engage with a range of extra curricula activities to complement your studies and future career.
Volunteering at SaSha Cafe
Students and staff will spend the late afternoon preparing and/or serving a meal at a kitchen for those in need in Hyson Green. The project ‘SaSha’ launched in May 2015 is a joint Jewish-Muslim initiative where these two communities have come together over their shared culture of food to look after those in need within one Nottingham community. Students would also interact with the guests who come to eat at the kitchen.
What you need to check before attending the event:
- Are you studying Psychology with Sociology and/or a Criminology module as part of BA Health and Social Care course? If so, you will need to check your module learning rooms to see if your lectures are still taking place.
- Are you studying on the BA (Hons) Criminology; BA (Hons) Social Work, BSc (Hons) Psychology; BSc (Hons) Psychology with Sociology; or BSc (Hons) Psychology with Criminology? You will still have scheduled teaching, seminars or you will be on placement. You are very welcome to attend our ACE Week events that do not clash with your scheduled teaching
Want to join the conversation about ACE Week? Use #aceweek
This event is free to attend but placed are limited so we recommend you book your place as soon as possible.
If you have any questions about this event, please contact Andrea Lyons-Lewis for more information.
The School of Social Sciences reserves the right to postpone or cancel this event in unexpected staff absence.