ACE Week - An Introduction to the Art and Science of Mindfulness
This event is part of the School of Social Sciences' ACE week and open to School of Social Sciences undergraduate students only.
This session will look at the science behind mindfulness practice and the general principles which underpin its application for stress management and improved mental health.
- From: Friday 5 February 2016, 2 pm
- To: Friday 5 February 2016, 4 pm
- Location: NEWLT6, Newton building, Main Entrance, Nottingham Trent University, City Campus, Goldsmith Street, Nottingham, NG1 4BU
This event is for Social Sciences undergraduate students as part of ACE Week, which is your chance to:
- Explore your chosen subject through a range of activities.
- Debate topics relevant to your subject with Social Sciences students from other courses and years.
- Engage with a range of extra curricula activities to complement your studies and future career.
An Introduction to the Art and Science of Mindfulness
This session will look at the science behind mindfulness practice and the general principles which underpin its application for stress management and improved mental health. The session will look at what mindfulness is and give ideas on how to practice some simple exercises. It will conclude with an exercise to take away and use in general life.
What you need to check before attending the event:
Are you studying on BA (Hons) Social Work? You will still have scheduled teaching, seminars or you will be on placement. You are very welcome to attend our ACE Week events that do not clash with your scheduled teaching.
Want to join the conversation about ACE Week? Use #aceweek
This event is free to attend but places are limited so we recommend you book your place as soon as possible.
Please click on the Add to basket button above and complete the short online booking process to reserve your place.
If you have any questions about this event, please contact Martin Smith for more information.
The School of Social Sciences reserves the right to postpone or cancel this event in unexpected staff absence.