ACE Week - Careers: Why and How?
This event is part of the School of Social Sciences' ACE week and open to School of Social Sciences undergraduate students only.
This session will not focus on the specific areas of your discipline or directions you can take after graduation. Rather, it will focus on exploring how your preferences and values can inform your career choice and direction that fits you.
- From: Friday 5 February 2016, 11 am
- To: Friday 5 February 2016, 1 pm
- Location: CHR3703, Chaucer building, Nottingham Trent University, City Campus, Goldsmith Street, Nottingham, NG1 5LT
- Download this event to your calendar
This event is for Social Sciences undergraduate students as part of ACE Week, which is your chance to:
- explore your chosen subject through a range of activities
- debate topics relevant to your subject with Social Sciences students from other courses and years
- engage with a range of extra curricula activities to complement your studies and future career.
Careers: Why and How?
This session will not focus on the specific areas of your discipline or directions you can take after graduation. Rather, it will focus on exploring how your preferences and values can inform your career choice and direction that fits you. We will start by considering the differences between a job and a career.
We will then discuss the meaning of work and the range of factors that help people make job and career choices. The session will be self-reflective and you will be able to apply these ideas on yourself in order to explore your options and preferences.
What you need to check before attending the event
- Are you studying on BA (Hons) Social Work? You will still have scheduled teaching, seminars or you will be on placement. You are very welcome to attend our ACE Week events that do not clash with your scheduled teaching.
Want to join the conversation about ACE Week? Use #aceweek
This event is free to attend but places are limited so we recommend you book your place as soon as possible.
Please click on the Add to basket button above and complete the short online booking process to reserve your place.
If you have any questions about this event, please contact Helen Reed for more information.
The School of Social Sciences reserves the right to postpone or cancel this event in unexpected staff absence.