ACE Week - Help with Qualitative Analysis
This event is part of the School of Social Sciences' ACE week and open to School of Social Sciences undergraduate students only.
In this session we will focus on some key analytic mistakes (overinterpretation versus under interpretation) and highlight what we mean by these through examples.
- From: Friday 5 February 2016, 2 pm
- To: Friday 5 February 2016, 5 pm
- Location: CHR424, Chaucer building, Nottingham Trent University, City Campus, Goldsmith Street, Nottingham, NG1 5LT
This event is for Social Sciences undergraduate students as part of ACE Week, which is your chance to:
- Explore your chosen subject through a range of activities.
- Debate topics relevant to your subject with Social Sciences students from other courses and years.
- Engage with a range of extracurricular activities to complement your studies and future career.
Help with Qualitative Analysis
In this session we will focus on some key analytic mistakes (overinterpretation versus under interpretation) and highlight what we mean by these through examples. We'll also talk through how to write a good analytic section of your report. Finally, we'll end with any analytic questions you have about your own research project.
What you need to check before attending the event:
Are you studying on BA (Hons) Social Work? You will still have scheduled teaching, seminars or you be on placement. You are very welcome to attend our ACE Week events that do not clash with your scheduled teaching.
Want to join the conversation about ACE Week? Use #aceweek
This event is free to attend but places are limited so we recommend you book your place as soon as possible.
Please click on the Add to basket button above and complete the short online booking process to reserve your place.
If you have any questions about this event, please contact Sarah Seymour-Smith for more information.
The School of Social Sciences reserves the right to postpone or cancel this event due to any unexpected staff absences.