ACE Week - Psychological care for victims of torture
This event is part of the School of Social Sciences' ACE week and open to School of Social Sciences undergraduate students only.
A two hour presentation by guest speaker Dr Sobia Khan, NTU psychology graduate, a clinical psychologist who has worked for five years for Freedom From Torture – a charity offering medical and psychological care to victims of torture.
- From: Friday 5 February 2016, 11 am
- To: Friday 5 February 2016, 1 pm
- Location: BTS307, Boots Library, Nottingham Trent University, City Campus, Goldsmith Street, Nottingham, NG1 5LS
- Download this event to your calendar
This event is for Social Sciences undergraduate students as part of ACE Week, which is your chance to:
- explore your chosen subject through a range of activities
- debate topics relevant to your subject with Social Sciences students from other courses and years
- engage with a range of extracurricular activities to complement your studies and future career.
Psychological Care for Victims of Torture
A two-hour presentation by guest speaker and NTU psychology graduate, Dr Sobia Khan, a clinical psychologist who has worked for five years for Freedom From Torture – a charity offering medical and psychological care to victims of torture. Sobia’s talk will cover her work with victims of torture and her experience of training as a clinical psychologist. This will be introduced by Mike Rennoldson.
What you need to check before attending the event
- Are you studying on BA (Hons) Social Work? You will still have scheduled teaching, seminars or will be on placement. You are very welcome to attend our ACE Week events that do not clash with your scheduled teaching.
Want to join the conversation about ACE Week? Use #aceweek
This event is free to attend but places are limited so we recommend you book your place as soon as possible.
Please click on the Add to basket button above and complete the short online booking process to reserve your place.
If you have any questions about this event, please contact Mike Rennoldson for more information.
The School of Social Sciences reserves the right to postpone or cancel this event in unexpected staff absence.