ACE Week - Safe Space: Open forum for discussion
This event is part of the School of Social Sciences' ACE week and open to School of Social Sciences undergraduate students only.
The purpose of this session is simply to provide a safe space for students to discuss with other students some of the recurrent and emergent topics which relate to society in general, and the contemporary moment in particular.
- From: Wednesday 3 February 2016, 11 am
- To: Wednesday 3 February 2016, 1 pm
- Location: Dean's Breakout Area, Chaucer building, Nottingham Trent University, City Campus, Goldsmith Street, Nottingham, NG1 5LT
- Download this event to your calendar
This event is for Social Sciences undergraduate students as part of ACE Week, which is your chance to:
- explore your chosen subject through a range of activities
- debate topics relevant to your subject with Social Sciences students from other courses and years
- engage with a range of extracurricular activities to complement your studies and future career.
Safe Space: Open Forum for Discussion
The purpose of this session is simply to provide a safe space for students to discuss with other students some of the recurrent and emergent topics which relate to society in general, and the contemporary moment in particular. Anticipated topics might include: intersectionality, free speech, LGBTQI in relation to the media and also professional identities, Generation Rent. No prior knowledge is required.
What you need to check before attending the event
- Are you studying on BA (Hons) Social Work? You will still have scheduled teaching, seminars or will be on placement. You are very welcome to attend our ACE Week events that do not clash with your scheduled teaching.
Want to join the conversation about ACE Week? Use #aceweek
This event is free to attend but places are limited so we recommend you book your place as soon as possible.
Please click on the Add to basket button above and complete the short online booking process to reserve your place.
If you have any questions about this event, please contact Linda Kemp for more information.
The School of Social Sciences reserves the right to postpone or cancel this event should any unexpected staff absences arise.