ACE Week - Social policy in film - Beyond Benefits Street
This event is part of the School of Social Sciences' ACE week and open to School of Social Sciences undergraduate students only.
How do you view those on welfare benefits? This compelling, haunting documentary goes beyond media stereotypes to reveal complex lives of people on welfare, people who have to make hard choices, going beyond Benefits Street and tabloid depictions.
- From: Thursday 4 February 2016, 2 pm
- To: Thursday 4 February 2016, 4 pm
- Location: CHR1803, Chaucer building, Nottingham Trent University, City Campus, Goldsmith Street, Nottingham, NG1 5LT
- Download this event to your calendar
This event is for Social Sciences undergraduate students as part of ACE Week, which is your chance to:
- explore your chosen subject through a range of activities
- debate topics relevant to your subject with Social Sciences students from other courses and years
- engage with a range of extracurricular activities to complement your studies and future career.
Social policy in film - Beyond Benefits Street. Real-world experiences.
How do you view those on welfare benefits? This compelling, haunting documentary goes beyond media stereotypes to reveal complex lives of people on welfare, people who have to make hard choices, going beyond Benefits Street and tabloid depictions. Discussion will follow.
What you need to check before attending the event:
- Are you studying on BA (Hons) Social Work? You will still have scheduled teaching, seminars or you will be on placement. You are very welcome to attend our ACE Week events that do not clash with your scheduled teaching.
Want to join the conversation about ACE Week? Use #aceweek
This event is free to attend but places are limited so we recommend you book your place as soon as possible.
Please click on the Add to basket button above and complete the short online booking process to reserve your place.
If you have any questions about this event, please contact Chris Towers for more information.
The School of Social Sciences reserves the right to postpone or cancel this event should any unexpected staff absences arise.