ACE Week - The entrepreneurial mindset
This event is part of the School of Social Sciences' ACE week and open to School of Social Sciences undergraduate students only.
This session outlines those personal attributes and horizontal skills that form the basis of the entrepreneurial mindset (creativity, sense of initiative, risk acceptance, autonomy, self-confidence, leadership, capacity to work as a team etc).
- From: Monday 1 February 2016, 12 pm
- To: Monday 1 February 2016, 2 pm
- Location: CHR424, Chaucer building, Nottingham Trent University, City Campus, Goldsmith Street, Nottingham, NG1 5LT
- Download this event to your calendar
This event is for Social Sciences undergraduate students as part of ACE Week, which is your chance to:
- Explore your chosen subject through a range of activities.
- Debate topics relevant to your subject with Social Sciences students from other courses and years.
- Engage with a range of extracurricular activities to complement your studies and future career.
The entrepreneurial mindset
The Hive helps students and staff evaluate their business ideas and equip them with the essential knowledge they need to develop that idea into successful business ventures. This session outlines those personal attributes and horizontal skills that form the basis of the entrepreneurial mindset (creativity, sense of initiative, risk acceptance, autonomy, self-confidence, leadership, capacity to work as a team etc). It will raise your awareness of self-employment and entrepreneurship as possible career options and provide business skills and knowledge on how to start and successfully run a business
What you need to check before attending the event:
Are you studying on BA (Hons) Social Work? You will still have scheduled teaching, seminars or will be on placement. You are very welcome to attend our ACE Week events that do not clash with your scheduled teaching.
Want to join the conversation about ACE Week? Use #aceweek
This event is free to attend but places are limited so we recommend you book your place as soon as possible.
Please click on the Add to basket button above and complete the short online booking process to reserve your place.
If you have any questions about this event, please contact Phil Clarke for more information.
The School of Social Sciences reserves the right to postpone or cancel this event due to any unexpected staff absences.