ACE Week - undergraduate research clinic
This event is part of the School of Social Sciences' ACE week and open to School of Social Sciences undergraduate students only.
Want to find out how to improve your research skills?
- From: Monday 1 February 2016, 2 pm
- To: Monday 1 February 2016, 4 pm
- Location: BTS308, Boots Library, Nottingham Trent University, City Campus, Goldsmith Street, Nottingham, NG1 5LS
This event is for Social Sciences undergraduate students as part of ACE Week, which is your chance to:
- explore your chosen subject through a range of activities
- debate topics relevant to your subject with Social Sciences students from other courses and years
- engage with a range of extracurricular activities to complement your studies and future career.
Undergraduate Research Clinic
This research clinic for undergraduate students aims to develop their existing research skills and introduce new forms of analysis.
During the clinic they can also explore the different ways in which they can integrate research into their studies. Exploring different methodologies and ways of doing above solely referencing books, students can gain a greater awareness of the research aspect of their studies and the fact that they all, at all levels, ‘do’ research to some extent.
The emphasis would be on ways of doing and integrating research into their assessments and so does not have to be subject specific. It may be more popular with third year students who would be working on their dissertations but also very useful for year's one and two in terms of encouraging and developing positive research awareness and practice (students considering progressing to post-graduate studies may also find this useful).
What you need to check before attending the event
- Are you studying on BA (Hons) Social Work? You will still have scheduled teaching, seminars or will be on placement. You are very welcome to attend our ACE Week events that do not clash with your scheduled teaching.
Want to join the conversation about ACE Week? Use #aceweek
This event is free to attend but places are limited so we recommend you book your place as soon as possible.
Please click on the Add to basket button above and complete the short online booking process to reserve your place.
If you have any questions about this event, please contact Sahra Joharchi for more information.
The School of Social Sciences reserves the right to postpone or cancel this event due to any unexpected staff absences.