ACE Week - Visit to the Houses of Parliament: Palace of Westminster
This event is part of the School of Social Sciences' ACE week and open to School of Social Sciences undergraduate students only.
This event is an opportunity to see, first hand, the workings of parliament in the 'Westminster Village', London.
- From: Tuesday 2 February 2016, 6 am
- To: Tuesday 2 February 2016, 9 pm
- Location: Meet outside Newton building main reception, City site, Nottingham Trent University, City Campus, Goldsmith Street, Nottingham, NG1 4BU
- Download this event to your calendar
This event is for Social Sciences undergraduate students as part of ACE Week, which is your chance to:
- explore your chosen subject through a range of activities
- debate topics relevant to your subject with Social Sciences students from other courses and years
- engage with a range of extracurricular activities to complement your studies and future career.
Visit to the Houses of Parliament: Palace of Westminster
This event is an opportunity to see, first hand, the workings of Parliament in the 'Westminster village', London. The day trip will include:
- an introduction to the workings of Parliament
- a guided tour of the Houses of Parliament
- an audience with a parliamentary representative
- a view of politics and participation from people who work, lobby and protest at the business end of UK democracy.
This is a full-day event, and registered students will be required to provide additional security information following their booking. Failure to provide this information may result in a booking place being revoked. Students will need to make their own food provisions during the trip.
What you need to check before attending the event
- Are you studying on BA (Hons) Social Work? You will still have scheduled teaching and seminars, or will be on placement. You are very welcome to attend our ACE Week events that do not clash with your scheduled teaching.
Want to join the conversation about ACE Week? Use #aceweek
This event is free to attend but places are limited so we recommend you book your place as soon as possible.
Please click on the Add to basket button above and complete the short online booking process to reserve your place.
If you have any questions about this event, or to go on the waiting list, please contact Jason Pandya-Wood for more information.
The School of Social Sciences reserves the right to postpone or cancel this event should any unexpected staff absences arise.