ACE Week - Who's watching you? Facebook and beyond: Privacy and new technologies
This event is part of the School of Social Sciences' ACE week and open to School of Social Sciences undergraduate students only.
This session explores the arguments around the use of technologies, exploring the extended use of digital technologies within our personal and working lives.
- From: Friday 5 February 2016, 10 am
- To: Friday 5 February 2016, 12 pm
- Location: NEWLT6, Newton building, Main Entrance, Nottingham Trent University, City Campus, Goldsmith Street, Nottingham, NG1 4BU
- Download this event to your calendar
This event is for Social Sciences undergraduate students as part of ACE Week, which is your chance to:
- explore your chosen subject through a range of activities
- debate topics relevant to your subject with Social Sciences students from other courses and years
- engage with a range of extracurricular activities to complement your studies and future career.
The film Her showed a man increasingly dominated by new technologies, to the extent that he found it hard to distinguish between fiction and reality, living in a world of illusions. This session explores the arguments around the use of technologies, exploring the extended use of digital technologies within our personal and working lives and critiques how the technologies could be utilised, for good or ill.
What you need to check before attending the event
- Are you studying on BA (Hons) Social Work? You will still have scheduled teaching, seminars or will be on placement. You are very welcome to attend our ACE Week events that do not clash with your scheduled teaching.
Want to join the conversation about ACE Week? Use #aceweek
This event is free to attend but places are limited so we recommend you book your place as soon as possible.
Please click on the Add to basket button above and complete the short online booking process to reserve your place.
If you have any questions about this event, please contact Chris Towers or Ann Liggett for more information.
The School of Social Sciences reserves the right to postpone or cancel this event should any unexpected staff absences arise.