Family Supper 2016
Year 10 pupils and their families are invited to either Nottingham Trent University or The University of Nottingham to find out all about the benefits of higher education and the opportunities it can offer. Dinner is provided, and participants will learn about student finance, talk to students to find out all about student life, and have any questions they may have answered.
- From: Wednesday 9 March 2016, 6.30 pm
- To: Monday 25 April 2016, 8.30 pm
- Location: Newton building, Main Entrance, Nottingham Trent University, City Campus, Goldsmith Street, Nottingham, NG1 4BU
- Download this event to your calendar
The Family Supper evenings are a chance for pupils in Year 10 and their families to learn more about the benefits of studying at a higher education (HE) institution. The evenings, held at either Nottingham Trent University or the University of Nottingham, are designed to give more information on what life is like at university through discussions with current students and staff from both institutions.
There will be food provided for all attendees prior to the talks and workshops. Staff and students from both institutions will be present at all dates and at both venues. The programme is identical on all dates and at both venues.
This evening will provide you with the opportunity to listen to gather information about student finance and the benefits of higher education, as well as provide you with a platform to speak to, and question, current students about student life.
The aim of the event is to allow pupils in Year 10 to benefit from information to guide and inform their decision-making with regards to the educational choices they will have at age 16 and beyond. The event also provides families with information to support the decision-making process of their young people.
Please note that this event is a targeted event. Priority for places will be given to pupils who meet any of the below criteria and / or who are from a postcode area of traditionally low progression to higher education. Please submit all requests for places via one of the links.
The Family Supper events will take place on the following dates:
- 9 March, Nottingham Trent University – City site
- 23 March, Nottingham Trent University – City site
- 30 March, University of Nottingham – University Park Campus, Portland Building
- 13 April, Nottingham Trent University – City site
- 21 April, University of Nottingham – University Park Campus, Portland Building
- 25 April, University of Nottingham – University Park Campus, Portland Building
- 6.00 pm - 6.30 pm – Arrival and Dinner
- 6.40 pm - 7.15 pm – Welcome ‘Benefits of HE Study’
- 7.20 pm - 8.05 pm – Student Life workshops
- 8.10 pm - 8.30 pm – Student Finance and Questions
- 8.30 pm - Depart
Please note that the same programme will run at all events and at both venues.
To book your place at this free event, please complete the relevant booking form. There are 100 places available for each night.
For events at Nottingham Trent University on 9 March, 23 March or 13 April, please complete this booking form.
If you would like to attend one of the events taking place at the University of Nottingham on 30 March, 21 April or 25 April, please complete this booking form.
If you have any queries, please don't hesitate to email: