The Future Factory Research and Consultancy Centre
Nottingham Trent University's new Future Factory Research and Consultancy facility brings together multidisciplinary expertise and state-of-the-art equipment into one creative environment. Join us at this specially organised event to discover more about how your organisation can work together with Queen's Anniversary Prize winners NTU and a centre of world-class, life-changing research and development.
- From: Tuesday 19 April 2016, 12 am
- To: Tuesday 19 April 2016, 12 am
- Location: Maudslay building, Nottingham Trent University, City Campus, Shakespeare Street, Nottingham, NG1 5LT
- Booking deadline: Monday 17 April 2017, 12.00 am
Nottingham Trent University's (NTU) new Future Factory Research and Consultancy facility brings together multidisciplinary expertise and state-of-the-art equipment into one creative environment.
Join us at our launch event to discover more about how your organisation can work together with Queen's Anniversary Prize winners NTU and a centre of world-class, life-changing research and development.
Take part in interactive sessions and talks:
- Digital representation and visualisation in the Creative and Virtual Technologies Research Lab.
- How smart technologies and materials already lead developments in medical devices, including intelligent systems, 3D printing, and surgical robots.
- Understanding the new award-winning technologies driving Nottingham to become a sustainable city of the future.
- Knowledge and support for the development of sustainable products, systems and buildings, including product lifecycle and quality assessments using professional software tools.
- Renewable energy systems and simulators.
Speak to experts in the following areas:
- VR technologies
- LED lighting
- Technologies for sustainable development
- Renewable energy and sustainability
- Built environment and energy-efficient buildings
- Fabrication and 3D design
- Transport and logistics
- Instrumentation and sensors
- Knowledge transfer projects
- Commercial programmes and consultancy
For more information about the event, please contact Chris Davison.
This is a drop-in event, but to help you plan your visit the following activities are scheduled:
- 4.30 pm: Event opens, canapés and drinks
- 4.45 pm Demonstration of 3D and laser-cutting techniques (until 6 pm)
- 5 pm: Demonstrations and networking in research zones (until 7 pm)
- 5.30 pm: Welcome address from Peter Ramsay-Dawber, Acting Dean of School of Architecture, Design and the Built Environment
If you would like to attend the showcase, click on the add to basket icon on the right-hand side of this page and complete the booking form. A confirmation email will be sent to you.
If you have a booking enquiry please contact Angela Scott on +44 (0)115 848 2863.