Careers Event for LPC and GDL Current Students and Offer Holders
This event is open to LPC and GDL current students and offer holders.
- From: Thursday 16 June 2016, 12 am
- To: Thursday 16 June 2016, 12 am
- Location: City site, Nottingham Trent University, City Campus, Goldsmith Street, Nottingham, NG1 4BU
This event is open to current students and individuals holding an offer to study the LPC or GDL at Nottingham Trent University.
This event will provide you with the guidance and support you need to get your career off to a flying start.
On the day, you will be provided with valuable information and advice to help you succeed in your chosen legal career, including:
- how to prepare a winning CV and covering letter
- how to make successful training contract applications
- how to manage assessment centres and interviews
- tips for the Bar.
At this event you will meet tutors from your course and members of the NLS employability team. Their experience and expertise will provide you with the advice and guidance you need to help you gain legal employment.
The day will be packed with useful information to ensure that you make the most of your applications and interviews.
Below is what you can expect from the day:
- 9.45 am: Registration and coffee
- 10 am: Introduction and welcome
- 10.15 am: How to prepare a winning CV and covering letter – graduate recruiter
- 11.15 am: Break
- 11.30 am: How to make successful training contract applications – Eversheds
- 12.30 pm: Lunch – An opportunity to meet employers, the Employability Team, course leaders, and careers tutors.
- 1.30 pm: How to manage assessment centres and interviews - Sam Hope, HR Manager at Shoosmiths
- 2.30 pm: Tips for the Bar – Ian Fox, BPTC Course Leader
- 3 pm: Finish
This event is open to LPC and GDL current students and offer holders at Nottingham Trent University only.
If you are an LPC or GDL current student or offer holder, please book your place.