ACE Week – Become a Dementia Friend
This event is part of the School of Social Sciences' ACE week and open to School of Social Sciences students only.
Find out how you can become a dementia friend and turn your understanding into action by helping to create dementia-friendly communities.
- From: Tuesday 15 November 2016, 10 am
- To: Tuesday 15 November 2016, 12 pm
- Location: Lecture theatre 1, Newton building, Main Entrance, Nottingham Trent University, City Campus, Goldsmith Street, Nottingham, NG1 4BU
- Download this event to your calendar
This event is for social science students as part of ACE Week, which is your chance to:
- explore your chosen subject through a range of activities
- debate topics relevant to your subject with social sciences students from other courses and years
- engage with a range of extracurricular activities to complement your studies and future career.
Become a Dementia Friend – Helping to create dementia-friendly communities
Dementia Friends is an Alzheimer's Society led initiative which aims to increase dementia awareness and change the way the nation thinks, talks, and acts about dementia.
Find out how you can become a dementia friend and turn your understanding into action with this session led by Kirsteen Beart, Dementia Friends Champion from the Alzheimer's Society.
What you need to check before attending the event:
Are you studying BA (Hons) Social Work or a postgraduate course? You'll still have scheduled teaching, seminars or will be on placement. You are very welcome to attend our ACE Week events that do not clash with your scheduled teaching.
Want to join the conversation about ACE Week? Use #aceweek
This event is free to attend but places are limited so we recommend you book your place as soon as possible.
Please click on the "Add to basket" button above and complete the short online booking process to reserve your place.
If you have any questions about this event, please contact Kirsty Beart for more information.
The School of Social Sciences reserves the right to postpone or cancel this event should any unexpected staff absences arise.