ACE Week – Critical approaches to assignments
This event is part of the School of Social Sciences' ACE week and open to School of Social Sciences students only.
- From: Friday 18 November 2016, 10 am
- To: Friday 18 November 2016, 12 pm
- Location: Lecture Theatre 6, Newton building, Main Entrance, Nottingham Trent University, City Campus, Goldsmith Street, Nottingham, NG1 4BU
- Download this event to your calendar
This event is for social science students as part of ACE Week, which is your chance to:
- explore your chosen subject through a range of activities
- debate topics relevant to your subject with social science students from other courses and years
- engage with a range of extracurricular activities to complement your studies and future career.
Critical approaches to assignments
Coverage of this interactive session includes:
- what does it mean to be critical?
- what are the benefits and how this relates to the Grade-Based Assessment criteria?
- evaluating a source – critical reading
- what is critical writing and how do you go about it?
- reflection of how effectively you use critical analysis.
What you need to check before attending the event
Are you studying on BA (Hons) Social Work or postgraduate course? You will still have scheduled teaching, seminars or will be on placement. You are very welcome to attend our ACE Week events that do not clash with your scheduled teaching.
Want to join the conversation about ACE Week? Use #aceweek
This event is free to attend but places are limited so we recommend you book your place as soon as possible.
Please click on the "Add to basket" button above and complete the short online booking process to reserve your place.
The School of Social Sciences reserves the right to postpone or cancel this event should any unexpected staff absences arise.