ACE Week – The fight against Islamic State – rethinking the current counterterrorism campaign
This event is part of the School of Social Sciences' ACE week, and is open to School of Social Sciences students only.
- From: Thursday 17 November 2016, 2 pm
- To: Thursday 17 November 2016, 4 pm
- Location: Lecture Theatre 1, Newton building, Main Entrance, Nottingham Trent University, City Campus, Goldsmith Street, Nottingham, NG1 4BU
This event is for social science students as part of ACE Week, which is your chance to:
- explore your chosen subject through a range of activities
- debate topics relevant to your subject with social science students from other courses and years
- engage with a range of extracurricular activities to complement your studies and future career.
The fight against Islamic State – rethinking the current counterterrorism campaign
This event is designed to give participants the chance to develop their own version of a counterterrorism policy that they would theoretically submit to both the UK and US governments in relation to the ongoing fight against the Islamic State. The first half will be based around a lecture-style analysis of the current issues. The second will involve the development of a counterterrorism policy which they will then present and debate at the end of the session.
What you need to check before attending the event
Are you studying on BA (Hons) Social Work or postgraduate course? You'll still have scheduled teaching and seminars, or will be on placement. You are very welcome to attend ACE Week events that do not clash with your scheduled teaching.
Use #aceweek to join the conversation about ACE Week.
This event is free to attend, but places are limited. We recommend you book your place as soon as possible.
Please click on the "Add to basket" button above and complete the short online booking process to reserve your place.
If you have any questions about this event, please contact Natasha Underhill for more information.
The School of Social Sciences reserves the right to postpone or cancel this event in the occurrence of unexpected staff absence.