ACE Week – The prison incident
This event is part of the School of Social Sciences' ACE Week and open to School of Social Sciences students only.
Experience the intimidating environment of prison by acting as key advisors on the order and control of a major prison incident.
- From: Tuesday 15 November 2016, 3 pm
- To: Tuesday 15 November 2016, 5 pm
- Location: Lecture Theatre 9, Newton building, Main Entrance, Nottingham Trent University, City Campus, Goldsmith Street, Nottingham, NG1 4BU
This event is for social science students as part of ACE Week, which is your chance to:
- explore your chosen subject through a range of activities
- debate topics relevant to your subject with social science students from other courses and years
- engage with a range of extracurricular activities to complement your studies and future career.
The Prison Incident
An immersion into the reality of managing a mock major prison incident. You will have opportunity to experience the intimidating environment of prison by acting as key advisors on the order and control of a major prison incident. Drawing on your experience and knowledge, you will advise the governor on all the key decisions around the negotiation strategy and staff response in order to resolve the incident while limiting harm.
What you need to check before attending the event:
Are you studying on BA (Hons) Social Work or postgraduate course? You'll still have scheduled teaching and seminars, or will be on placement. You are very welcome to attend our ACE Week events that do not clash with your scheduled teaching.
Use #aceweek to join the conversation about ACE Week.
This event is free to attend, but places are limited. We recommend you book your place as soon as possible.
Please click on the "Add to basket" button above and complete the short online booking process to reserve your place.
If you have any questions about this event, please contact Karen Slade, Sebastian Teicher or Paul Hamilton for more information.
The School of Social Sciences reserves the right to postpone or cancel this event in the occurrence of any unexpected staff absences.