Nottingham Law School's Centre for Mediation and Dispute Resolution Launch
Join us for the launch of Nottingham Law School's Centre for Mediation and Dispute Resolution.
- From: Friday 4 November 2016, 12 am
- To: Friday 4 November 2016, 12 am
- Location: Nottingham Conference Centre, Newton building, Nottingham Conference Centre, Nottingham Trent University, City Campus, Burton Street, Nottingham, NG1 4BU
- Booking deadline: Friday 3 November 2017, 12.00 am
Join us for the launch of Nottingham Law School's Centre for Mediation and Dispute Resolution. This academic centre offers research-led commentary and innovative contribution to best practice for training lawyers, professional advisers, and mediation practitioners in the most effective means to enrich society from the use of mediation.
The launch will feature a programme of activities for students, academics, legal professionals, and mediation practitioners across the day. This invitation is extended to all who have an interest in these areas. Please share this event listing with colleagues if you think it will be of interest.
Nottingham Law School's Centre for Mediation and Dispute Resolution
The Centre aims to be at the vanguard of research-led commentary and innovative contribution to public and academic debate about mediation and dispute resolution to influence the growth and development of their use. It will have a particular focus on:
* the role and training of lawyers to be effective as representatives of clients in mediation
* the most effective and efficient styles of mediation practice with a particular focus on the user perspectives
* the development of ethical standards and performance indicators as a step towards institutional acceptance and codification
* the methods of selecting, training and developing individuals as effective mediators with particular regard to current training practices and the validation of institutions.
12 pm – Registration for professionals and practitioners
12.30 pm – Lunch
2.00 pm – Welcome to professionals and practitioners from Professor Richard Butler – Independent Commercial Mediator, Visiting Professor in Dispute Resolution at Nottingham Law School
2.30 pm – Workshops and open space discussion sessions for practitioners, professionals and academics led by Amanda Bucklow – Independent Commercial Mediator
4.30 pm – Formal launch guest address by Sir Peter Coulson, TCC Judge
5.00 pm – 6.30 pm – Reception
Please click 'Reserve your place' above, and complete the short online booking process.
For more information about this event, please contact Joy Davies.