Innovation driving productivity
Enabling Innovation in the North East Derbyshire
Nottingham Trent University invites you to join us at our event focussing on driving productivity in your organisation and the Enabling Innovation programme on offer to SMEs.
- From: Tuesday 28 March 2017, 8.30 pm
- To: Tuesday 28 March 2017, 11 pm
- Location: Markham Vale Environment Centre, Markham Lane, Markham Vale, Chesterfield, S44 5HY
- Booking deadline: Tuesday 28 March 2017, 12.00 am
Nottingham Trent University invites you to join us at the first of a series of innovation events to be held across the D2N2 region.
Join us at the Markham Vale Environment Centre on 28 March for NTU’s Enabling Innovation offer available to small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) from the Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire area.
Running from 8.30 am until 11 pm, you can hear about the varied offer from the University specialists who will be offering support to businesses over the next 2 years, aswell as hear talks led by industry experts on driving productivity in your enterprise.
Topics will include:
Productivity – This will be covered by Tom Moore of Grant Thornton
Apprenticeships – covered by Bev Moxon of Skills Funding Agency/National Apprenticeship Services
Skills/Talent – Emmie Studencki will be outlining the NTU Enabling Innovation offer
A speaker from the Department of International Trade - tbc shortly
The event will be followed by a chance to network until 11pm. Refreshments will be provided.
More about Nottingham Trent University’s Enabling Innovation Programme:Nottingham Trent University provides funded support to small and medium sized businesses in Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire through the Enabling Innovation programme.
This programme aims to help more than 2,000 businesses boost their innovation, become more competitive, and to grow and create high-skill jobs.
The University can support innovation in a number of ways including;
* networking and business development workshops and events
* Dedicated sector-specific technical hubs in food and drink, materials engineering, computing and data, and design innovation;
* innovation management workshops delivered by Nottingham Business School;
* a contribution of 20% towards the cost of employing a graduate for up to a year, to support businesses to introduce innovative products, services or processes; and
* a wide range of intensive specialist support for businesses looking to introduce new products and processes
Enabling Innovation is a three-year collaborative programme involving Nottingham Trent University, the Universities of Derby and Nottingham. The programme is part-funded by the Economic Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and this means that the support on offer to businesses is fully subsidised.
Our services are easy to access and come with support from a dedicated business support team. Contact us to find out more.
Telephone: 0115 848 8899
9.05am Productivity by Tom Moore of Grant Thornton
9.35am Internationalising your business
10.00am Apprenticeship - covered by Bev Moxon of Skills Funding Agency/National Apprenticeship Services
10.15am Skills/Talent – Emmie Studencki will be outlining the NTU Enabling Innovation offer
10.30am Networking Opportunity
Please click 'Reserve your place' above, and complete the short online booking process.
This event is free to attend, but attendees must register in advance. In order to attend this event you must be eligible for support from the Enabling Innovation Programme, which supports SMEs in Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire.
If you would like any further information about this event before booking your place, please email us.